Ami & Dan's 1987 LS

Moderators: Ami, evtsteward

Topic Author
Ami
G1 n00b

Ami & Dan's 1987 LS

Postby Ami » March 25th, 2017, 12:46 am

In August 2007, I bought this 1987 LS for the first time. I was 20 years old.

I really loved this car. We were two '87 browntops really enjoying our 20th year on this planet.

That fall, the tires on the stock wheels were dryrotting so I bought tires for my GS-R Blades instead.

I drove it to Team-Integra gatherings and a member, budding photographer Andrew Wagner, took this picture.

In the summer of 2008, my mother wanted me in a safer car and loaned me the $ to buy a 4-door GS-R.
I reluctantly parted ways with the 1987 but made sure that it went to a home that loved Hondas and knew how to treat a DA well.

On 5/14/09, someone hit me and ran less than a year later. The GS-R crumpled around me and I walked out in one piece. Mother knows best!

On 6/15/09, I bought a white 4-door GS-R to follow it up and the hope of getting another G1 was put away for a later date.
(Yes, that is the 1987 behind my GS-R.)

In May 2011, I submitted the good old picture to a Tumblr account dedicated to hot cars and found a pleasant surprise.

On 3/15/14, after getting engaged to Dan from Team-Integra.net, G1Teg friend All4AMD (James) messaged me.
He sent some rather suggestive advice on how to make my engagement trip special.
(For some reason, after margaritas, tapas and enchiladas, butt stuff just didn't seem like the ideal way to spice up the night. :lol:)

In 2015, we had a small wedding and invited a couple of G1Teg friends.
G1Teg friend EvtSteward (Robert) RSVPed to Dan so that he could surprise me by checking into Virginia the day before the wedding!

On 8/15/15, 5 years after our first date, Dan and I used my white GS-R as our driveaway car.
(Andrew Wagner photographed our wedding.)

Here we are between Robert, admin of G1Teg and Steve, admin & founder of Team-Integra! Both are good friends of ours and stand-up guys.

At the end of our wedding, our best friend drove us home in my white CL-S 6-speed with Navigation and black interior.
They only made 15 of those. ;)
Shortly after our wedding, he admitted that it would be nice to find a worthy first gen and build it up with me.

In October 2016, as we were preparing his Integra and my CL for Integra Type R Expo, Dan was on CraigsList and found my 1987 LS for sale!
He basically shouted words of encouragement until I set up a test drive.

On 10/14/16, we towed that thing back to our house, more than 2 hours away. That was such a wild night.

On 10/15/16, I installed this DC Sports strut bar that I had laying around. I wasted no time... LOL!

On 10/17/16, we took a picture of our trio of Integra hatchbacks! You can really see the progression between generations.

On 11/4/16, we had this new windshield installed.

On 11/6/16, we found this. Time for a new engine.

On 12/3/16, we went into the garage with our best friend and yanked the tired old D16A1. Teamwork makes the dream work!

It's out!

On 12/11/16, we took a look at the undercarriage and made a plan of action for the rust problem.

On 2/11/17, we got this in the mail... This is a Hasport AVB1 kit! We're going B-series!!!

On 3/16/17, I snapped this picture of the snow-covered 'Tegs for no real reason.

That's all, folks! We will keep you updated as we continue... I'll have to get Dan to stop lurking and start posting! :D
Last edited by Ami on March 25th, 2017, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evtsteward
Site Admin & Crunkass Teg Mechanic

Re: Ami & Dan's 1987 LS

Postby evtsteward » March 25th, 2017, 1:26 am

Nice to have some elbow room when thrashing on Acuras. Very nice pic sequence.
Robert, that crazy guy with all the tegs!
Always an honor to be quoted.-B18Ch1ck
The great ships hung in the air in much
the same way bricks don't.-Douglas Adams

The value of life can be measured by how many
times your soul has been deeply stirred.-Soichiro Honda

aarongolesch
G1 n00b

Postby aarongolesch » March 25th, 2017, 2:19 pm

Awesome story, glad you got the car back. I'll be looking forward to updates about the car!

Integra
Legit G1Tegger

Postby Integra » March 26th, 2017, 8:41 pm

Great story! :)

I wish I could get my first Teg back!

Topic Author
Ami
G1 n00b

Postby Ami » March 30th, 2017, 3:52 am

evtsteward wrote:Nice to have some elbow room when thrashing on Acuras. Very nice pic sequence.

If I had a spacious attached garage with air tools the first time I had this car, I may not have gotten rid of it. :lol:

Thank you for always being there with advice when Dan and I hit a wall! Man, we can't wait to get to the B-swap!

aarongolesch wrote:Awesome story, glad you got the car back. I'll be looking forward to updates about the car!

Integra wrote:Great story! :) I wish I could get my first Teg back!

Thank you both! I am following the progress on your cars as well.
Let's turn the mothership into a party boat! Post on G1Teg more frequently!

Ami & Dan's 1987 LS Hatch *http://www.g1teg.org/viewtopic.php?p=9349*

Return to “1987 LS Models”